Aims and Application
While designing new object one has to take into consideration the aspect of cooperation with the earthen foundation, which takes over the load. A weak subsoil is always a source of some extra forces, which afflict the construction and make it necessary to increase the foundations. Almost 20 years ago the reinforced ground has become the means to enhance the technical parameters of the subsoil - it is always better to prevent than to cure consequences. Initially it was flat iron; nowadays these are geotextiles, geonets and strips. Traditional methods of ground reinforcement were expensive and additionally required complicated equipment and highly qualified staff. The geonet is a cheaper alternative, which is quick to assemble and at minimum of equipment.
The geonet GEOS can be widely used in many fields of the building industry, with complicated geotechnical constructions - always there, where huge or cyclic loads afflict the subsoil.Thanks to its cellular structure, which is additionally strengthened by gravel, rubble or some local stuff, the geonet is characterized by the following features:
- great fastness to unequal self- consolidation of soil within huge stacking yard, car park, railway- and road embankments
- fastening of the subgrade (under roads)
- convenience and quickness especially required while building escape
- routes, temporary roads and access roads for heavy equipment (e.g. to building sites) and for fastening of high embankments
- protecting of the outer sides of municipal dumps embankments and as an upper covering at their reclamation
- resistance to mining subsidence
- great weather resistance (to rain, frost, heat, thermal shock)
- great chemical resistance (tested to high concentration of acids).
The geonet GEOS is a kind of ground reinforcement. It is a supple layer of 100 mm which reduced localized contact stresses between the subsoil and the layer. The stresses spread out and the mechanism of this is the following:
- the stresses from the wheel cause vertical stresses in the stuff filling the cells and as a consequence - the pressure at the cellular walls
- the elastic strip takes over a part of these forces, the rest of them press against the next cells and bring about thrust forces in them
- the cells cooperate in the network and cause an increase in condensation of the stuff in them; in this way big areas of the net get involved in the process of reducing of the vertical stresses afflicting the subsoil.
Since the cells block one another, shifting of the net and unequal self-consolidation of soil are practically impossible.
The geonet GEOS is a remedy in case of weak ground. But there are other conditions for the enterprise to be successful: knowledge of the natural conditions and analysis of the technical documentation.
Before the assembly the layer of humus has to be removed and the area levelled. If the geotechnical parameters of the subsoil are not satisfying ( satisfying are : gravel, condensated sand , rubble ) one has to put an layer of geotextiles under the geonet. Next the cells are filled. A great advantage of this technology is that the segments are light to carry, easy, and quick to assemble, and you may immediately afterwards use heavy equipment on it.